Saturday, December 8, 2007

Hello, Jericho.

I recently heard one of my favorite game reviewers talk some serious trash about Clive Barker's Jericho, and I decided to try the demo just to see how much it sucked. So I entered this "horror" game expecting it to be terrible. By the way, thier attempts at scaring you just basicly turn into blood, blood and more blood. Just like every other horrer game and horrer movie these days. Seriously, the only time I found myself in the least bit scared was when I turned the corner, zoomed in and got a lovely view of the first enemy's uncovered buttox. I'd like to thank the Jericho game designers for this disturbing image that has kept me awake many-a-night. But enough about that. As much as I didn't want to like the game (1, I'm not a big fan of horrer games and 2, I heard it was bad) I actually found it sort of likable. I found myself having a little fun with these ugly zombies that wore knight's armor. Some had axes on thier left arm that acted as shields, some had dual blades and some had crossbows. They were definitely interesting foes. But thier AI only had the option of attacking head on. Seeing a little strategy would have been nice. Speaking of strategy your two friends seem to have the same set of options. Unless you give them orders, which they don't really follow that well in the heat of battle so ya have to give it to them before hand. Or else they're just gonna do what they want. I just tell them to hold and moved them on ahead through the level. Never a single time in the Demo did the camera leave the first-person view. Not even in the cutscenes. I thought this was kind of cool and not something that I've seen before in a game.


So overall It wasn't the best game I ever played and not the worst. At least give it a try ya know. Well, thanks for reading. This is The Blade, signing off.

No comments: